Conditions Treated With Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Learn More About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy in the Greater Sacramento Area
Your body works hard to continually produce hormones and secrete them into the bloodstream. Once there, the blood transports them to the appropriate tissues and organs of the body to help perform various functions.
Hormones are Responsible for Several Important Bodily Processes Including:
- Growth and development
- Converting food into energy
- Regulating body temperature
- Sexual stamina and reproductive health
- Mood regulation
- Cognitive functioning
If you have experienced symptoms in any of these areas, it’s likely that you have a hormonal imbalance. This is a common problem for men and women in Sacramento County California, especially as they get close to middle age. Lack of hormone balance is also responsible for a number of specific health conditions. If you suspect that a hormone imbalance is the reason for your symptoms or illness, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) in Sacramento California can help.
Health Conditions Associated with Hormone Imbalance
Doctors in Sacramento and the surrounding communities are trained to diagnose and treat diseases. They often miss the hormonal connection because they don’t look for the root cause of your presenting illness. If you have any of the conditions listed below, you may want to consider seeing a healthcare provider who offers Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT). This is an alternative method of balancing the hormones using natural ingredients rather than artificially created ones.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Issues
- A faulty interaction of the estrogen and progesterone hormones can cause many problems for pre-menopausal women. These include ovarian cysts, polycystic ovarian syndrome, uterine fibroids, and even infertility. Irregular or painful menstrual periods are also common. Testosterone issues in men can lead to low sperm count, low libido, and erectile dysfunction. Determining the exact hormone problem and correcting it with Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help to alleviate these symptoms and make sex a satisfying experience once again.
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Your adrenal system manufactures cortisol, a hormone that allows you to ward off viruses and manage the stress in your life. When you experience significant stress, the adrenal glands can’t keep up and literally become fatigued. Your immune system also weakens, making it easier for you to catch colds, flu, and other common bacterial infections. Mood disturbances, low sex drive, and problems with concentration and memory are also common with adrenal fatigue. This condition can significantly improve or cease completely by balancing cortisol levels.
- Since the symptoms of fibromyalgia mimic several other health issues, people with this condition can go for years without a proper diagnosis or treatment. Possible symptoms include debilitating fatigue, muscle aches, depression, chronic headaches, and fuzzy thinking. Although fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that never completely goes away, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy programs in Sacramento make its symptoms quite manageable. That is because Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy doctors find out exactly which hormones are out of balance and determine the amount of natural replacement hormones you need to restore balance.
- Hypothyroidism or Hyperthyroidism
- The thyroid hormone controls multiple functions in the human body, such as weight regulation, moods, sexual performance, and body temperature. A multitude of symptoms can appear when it is underactive or overactive, making life seem overwhelming. If you’ve take prescription medication and still don’t feel much better, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may be the answer you have been looking for. It balances the thyroid by providing you with the precise amount of replacement hormone that you need.
Schedule a Consultation with a BHRT Specialist
Hormonal imbalance is behind dozens of additional medical conditions. The best way to determine if your health issues are related to a decline in hormone production is to contact a Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy Specialist in the Sacramento area today found right here on the Sacramento Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Locator and schedule your Bioidentical Hormone consultation now!